Tuesday, November 20, 2012

my headphones are going to EXPLODE!!

This month is an incredible music month!! There are several new albums out, which from what I've heard of them are all really great releases. The first to catch my eye this month is Rave Age by french electronic artist Vitalic. I've enjoyed almost everything that Vitalic has done, and this is no exception. There are a few songs that stand out right away- those being the first single "Stamina" and a one off found by youtube searching called "March of Skabah" which I personally think should have been the single, but whatever.

The Second release that I'm excited about is III by Crystal Castles. They've been releasing song after song to listen to on Youtube through their facebook feed. It's different from the albums before it. It seems even more fuzzy and dreamy. I enjoy the lack of the punk edge that they came out with, because I found it, frankly, quite jarring. They, like most trends have taken a darker/gothish turn.  I like most of what I've heard here, as well! "Kerosene" stands out, as does "Transgender".  I'm really excited to hear it on vinyl.

The third big thing this month is Ghostly International releasing NEW adult., even though it's covers, and only a 7", it's still a big deal cos I frikken love them. I pre-ordered the 7"and it hasn't come yet, but I'm sure I'm going to wear it out. It's covers of "Shari Vari", which I guess is a nominal minimal wave hit, although I'd never heard it until adult. covered it, but I like it. The other side is a cover of "122 Hours of Fear" which is definitely in the top tier of the Screamers songs in my opinion. They site Screamers as a heavy influence, and it shows in their later work. I love hearing things like artists who have influenced me heavily are influenced by things that I, myself am influenced by. On the other end of the month Ghostly does the best thing ever for Electro-worshippers- They re-issue "Resuscitation" which is a compilation of all of Adult.'s early vinyl e.p.'s. It was released in limited number on CD, and never made digitally available! Absurd! I'd always hoped to collect the e.p.s, but I never came across any of them, but The next best thing is Resuscitation, which I have also pre-ordered. I can't wait to hear the grooves the way they were originally intended!!

The last big thing this month is.... MY BLOODY VALENTINE IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM!!!! Take into account that they haven't released anything in.... about 20 years, and the last thing they released is heralded by critics and fans alike to be one of the most nominal albums ever released! Of course, I'm talking about Loveless, which changed my life, as I'm sure most shoegaze nerds would tell you. Kevin Shields recently spilled the beans that there would be a new MBV album in December of this year, and that he's spent the last several months mixing and editing. I'm so excited to hear what it has to offer!! I'm sure it can't be any worse than anything  else in modern pop music.  All this vinyl will be a draw on my bank account, but I don't care! Bring on the newoldwonderful tunes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment