Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October and The Future

This past October was my 30th birthday, and although I'm not one to scrutinize age, especially my age, it made me come to a lot of conclusions. I came to the conclusion that I'm doing alright. I set a few goals for myself to have accomplished by 30, and I've somehow actually managed to do a lot of them. The first was to be in a band, and to release something. Dom and I have been playing as the Fagettes for over a year, and JUST released a Cassette/CD, which makes me excited beyond belief.  We also went on tour, which was another of my goals. We had a fantastic time, Played some solid, and memorable sets, and met/caught up with some amazing people.

We, Dom and I, are getting married in April after having been together for four years. We're really happy together, and are somehow committed to the idea of sticking together for the rest of our lives. I've had a little difficulty with this, as most of my teen/YA years were marked by travels, and short-lived love affairs, which almost always ended badly.  My autonomy is my identity, and getting married is to pretty much always having to consider someone else in all of one's major life decisions. I traveled as a means of adventure, and I don't get to just pick up and run off anymore.  Anyhow, we're insanely happy. We are bandmates, roommates, best friends, and lovers, and our ability to be so many things to each other is a constant source of inspiration for both of us. I guess soon spouse will be added to that list.

As far the future is concerned, we have an idea to discuss a five year plan after our marriage, which involves probable re-location, and we're both dead set on two different cities-Minneapolis, and Milwaukee. Although I wouldn't mind living in the city he likes, my heart is in Minneapolis. We bought a new synth (an MC505), and changed the name of the band to Wax Fruit after a dispute with another Fagettes from Boston. We have two shows booked for this month already! Things change, and they stay the same, that being said, bring on the future.

Wax Fruit-We're Not the Human League, We're the Humane Society

No comments:

Post a Comment